Energy Snacks with Raw Cacao and Rich in Minerals
Must Have Energy Snacks for those on the go!
This Energy Snacks Health Food recipe is convenient for the yogi, active sportsperson, person on the go between work and play for nutrition that is rich in minerals!
Given the properties of Raw Cacao also discussed in my Love Potion blog post, Cacao literally contains Anandamide which is a Bliss Chemical. Anandamide can be produced in the brain when we are feeling great, cacao makes anandamide stick around longer.
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cups ground raw almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. stevia
- 1/2 Tbs. organic coconut butter (optional)
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt or 1 Dash Blue Ocean Minerals from Australia’s Great Barrier Reef for Mineral rich magnesium content which is super sweet for the heart
- 1/3 cup shredded, dried unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Optional additions: 1 Tablespoon Maca root powder (super food and root, grounding, great for athletic recovery or precursor to anything athletic)
Mix all ingredients together. Start to roll tablespoon size balls in between your hands. Always important to think of someone something you LOVE whilst making food for Love. Roll the balls on coconut flakes.
Freeze the Truffles to harden until ready to serve.
Fore more of a daily snack, you can always add 1 Tablespoon Healthforce Naturals Vitamineral Greens , in Australia Vital Greens, Berry Green from NewChapter are also oustanding), or other Greens you like. Packet Greens are also great to travel with for essential nutrition and can be an energy snack in their own right
If you just want to purchase the yummiest raw chocolate ever and be inspired by many options in flavor, I love Gnosis Chocolate.